This is the blog of Dr. Curt Bonk, Professor at Indiana University and President of CourseShare (there are NO Guest Blogs and NO advertisements permitted).

Links
Dr. Bonk's Home Page
TrainingShare
PublicationShare

Bonk's Emerging Learning Technologies course

Video Primers in an Online Repository for e-Teaching and Learning (V-PORTAL)

Click here for information about my recent book, MOOCs and Open Education Around the World.

Bloggers I follow
My reading list
Online Learning Trend Article for Commission for Accelerated Programs (CAP) Newsletter
Tuesday, April 28, 2009
Last summer, I gave a few talks (including a couple of keynotes) at the summer workshop for the Commissions for Accelerated Programs (CAP). This event was held on the northwest side of the Denver area (not too far from Boulder). At the end of it, I was given a CAP cap to wear. About a month after the workshop in Denver, the CAP people asked me to write an article for their fall newsletter addressing the future of online learning and current trends that I saw. I sent them a short article back in September or October and it finally came out a week or two ago. It is free online. Here it is:

Bonk, C. J. (2009, April). Online learning frameworks: Past, present, and future. Newsletter from Commission on Accelerated Programs, #6, Available: http://www.capnetwork.org/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=82

The article re"caps" some of my journey in this space called "e-learning" or "online learning." And it includes frameworks from three of my books.

By the way, I will be in Korea from May 7-19. My travels will take me to many places though mainly to Seoul. I will be speaking at Inha University in Incheon on May 7th; Hanyang Cyber University in Seoul on May 8th; Kwangwoon University and Kyung-Hee University Seoul on May 11th; Chungbuk National University in Cheongju City on May 12th; Chungnam National Univeristy in Daejeon and Kyumyung University in Daegu on May 13th; Seoul National University for the Korea Society for Educational Tech (KSET) conference workshop on May 15th and conference keynote on May 16th (Program for KSET: http://www.kset.or.kr/); and Ewha Womens University in Seoul with a possible visit to Yonsei University on May 18th. I depart back for Indiana on May 19th.

As indicated, in Seoul, I will keynote the Korean Society for Educational Technology (KSET) conference on May 16th. My talk will attempt to summarize my "The World is Open: How Web Technology is Revolutionizing Education" book. See the WorldIsOpen Website for more details. The book comes out July 13th. Hope to see you there! Drop me a note if you will see me at any of my stops.
Subscribe to the TravelinEdMan podcast
  posted by Curt Bonk @ 7:23 AM  
3 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Curt Bonk
Home: Bloomington, Indiana, United States
About Me: I am a former accountant and CPA and a former educational psychologist. I am now Professor of IST at Indiana University and also adjunct in the School of Informatics. I founded and later sold SurveyShare. As president of CourseShare, LLC, I run around the world training instructors to teach online and give motivational talks about emerging learning technologies. I also write and edit books related to e-learning and blended learning. See bio and vita.

See my complete profile

Click here for information about my recent book, The World is Open: How Web Technology Is Revolutionizing Education.

Visit the Indiana University Home Page of E-Learning Expert Curtis J. Bonk.

Recent Posts
Archives
Popular Posts
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER