This is the blog of Dr. Curt Bonk, Professor at Indiana University and President of CourseShare (there are NO Guest Blogs and NO advertisements permitted).

Links
Dr. Bonk's Home Page
TrainingShare
PublicationShare

Bonk's Emerging Learning Technologies course

Video Primers in an Online Repository for e-Teaching and Learning (V-PORTAL)

Click here for information about my recent book, MOOCs and Open Education Around the World.

Bloggers I follow
My reading list
Fall 2008 Course Syllabi, Learning Theory, YouTube, Wikibooks, and the Web 2.0
Saturday, September 06, 2008
Sorry that it has been more than a month since my last post. I have been working on many journal articles and book chapters as well as a couple of new course syllabi.

P540 Syllabus on Learning Theories: I have a new syllabus for my P540 course on Learning Theories and Instructional Design.

YouTube Addendum to P540 Syllabus: I also have an addendum to that syllabus which has a list of YouTube and other online videos which parallel each week of the semester. Feel free to use this list. If you do, please let me know how you use it and what happened when you did. Also note that I wrote an article on the use of YouTube in instruction for the AERA conference in New York last March which is available online. I will try to publish it later this year. Let me know what you think of it.

Webstreamed Lectures for Learning Theories: And I have some new Webstreamed lectures on behavioral, cognitive, constructivist, and social constructivist theory posted which I did on Friday September 5, 2008. I plan to do 4 more such video lectures this coming Friday. And when I do, I promise to wear a different shirt and tie for each one. Smile!

Wikibook for Learning Theories: This class will continue to work on a wikibook I started last year on "The Practice of Learning Theories" or the POLT. You are welcome to expand any chapter in it or add new ones.

R685 Syllabus on the Web 2.0: I use many Web 2.0 activities in that class. However, a better place to learn about the Web 2.0 is my R685 course on "The Web 2.0 and Participatory E-Learning." Every article in that course is found freely available online. The syllabus is now 30 pages so that is a lot of articles! There are also links to open access journals and a couple of open access e-books.

Wikibook for the Web 2.0: This class will continue to work on a Wikibook on "The Web 2.0 and Emerging Learning Technologies" or the WELT which I started last year with colleagues from universities in Malaysia, Taiwan, China, and the USA. You (or your students) are welcome to extend or edit it. Please let me know how you like it and what you did.

Enjoy these resources.
Subscribe to the TravelinEdMan podcast
  posted by Curt Bonk @ 8:21 PM  
2 Comments:
  • At 4:01 AM, Blogger MW (My Wish) said…

    So cool that you share these wonderful resources. By the way, the R2D2 book is wonderful! I esp. like the risk level information. It is good advice for those who design online activities.

    BTW, I did include a video in my recent blog entry. Did you see those pictures? I'll upload some more videos on the side bar when I get a chance.

     
  • At 8:01 AM, Blogger Curt Bonk said…

    Glad you like the R2D2 book. I need 2 more like it. Only then will I be happy. I need the trilogy!!! And then the short hobbit book with all 300 ideas in it.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Curt Bonk
Home: Bloomington, Indiana, United States
About Me: I am a former accountant and CPA and a former educational psychologist. I am now Professor of IST at Indiana University and also adjunct in the School of Informatics. I founded and later sold SurveyShare. As president of CourseShare, LLC, I run around the world training instructors to teach online and give motivational talks about emerging learning technologies. I also write and edit books related to e-learning and blended learning. See bio and vita.

See my complete profile

Click here for information about my recent book, The World is Open: How Web Technology Is Revolutionizing Education.

Visit the Indiana University Home Page of E-Learning Expert Curtis J. Bonk.

Recent Posts
Archives
Popular Posts
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER